astrabal service logo
All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
how to connect ps3 controller without usb what channel is amc on verizon what is hd premium tier on uverse fox sports midwest live stream free hankook optimo 4s sizes how much is the sports package on comcast comcast download and upload speeds rr login tampa bay does brita soften water engine overheating coolant leak speed test html5 centurylink compatible dsl modems winzip evaluation version free download difference between subaru legacy and outback how to turn off sprinkler system kicker l7 12 box specs fx channel on fios 2000 silverado fuel pump replacement how does a shower diverter work westell a90 7500 bridge mode how much is digital starter comcast red top battery autozone what causes hub bearings to go bad login to att router water leaking base of toilet how to remove silicone sealant wd40 furniture steam cleaner rental home depot verizon fios amc hd channel flat vs matte paint verizon comedy central channel how much does it cost to replace an evaporator coil
moose53
join:2004-12-03
Winchester, MA

moose53

??BBC America On-Demand -- Where Is It??

I just watched Torchwood, Children of the Earth, on BBC America (HD) [I have HD service but not HD tv]. During the program they advertised that the show could also be seen on BBC America On-Demand.

I have called the company twice to find out where it is located (under what category). No one seems to know.

I'm in eastern Massachusetts. We (the building) have had Verizon FIOS availability since last Fall. I've had FIOS three-way service for about 4 weeks now.

Thanks.

Barb

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Frontier FiOS

1 edit

darcilicious

Premium Member

Well, first, Verizon doesn't even HAVE BBC America HD. Second, BBC America may advertise that they *offer* something "on demand" but that doesn't mean Vz carries it... It's not unusual for a channel/network to advertise their offerings while at the same your provider doesn't actually, well, provide it

P.S. I used the VOD search on "Torch..." and go zero results so it doesn't seem that Vz has it available.
moose53
join:2004-12-03
Winchester, MA

moose53

Thanks.

Barb

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt to moose53

Premium Member

to moose53
The Blu-ray Disc of this comes out on July 28th. I'm just going to wait to watch that next week in HD and uncut.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Well, first, Verizon doesn't even HAVE BBC America HD. Second, BBC America may advertise that they *offer* something "on demand" but that doesn't mean Vz carries it... It's not unusual for a channel/network to advertise their offerings while at the same your provider doesn't actually, well, provide it
Hopefully they'll add it in the future. When I first signed on they didn't have Adult Swim on-demand. Since then they added it and I can now watch ATHF & Superjail when I want to.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa to moose53

Mod

to moose53

(topic move) TW:COE on Comcast On-Demand -- Where Is It??

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »TW:COE on Comcast On-Demand -- Where Is It??

Reason: Not a FiOS TV question
Myron4
join:2008-03-08
Dallas, TX

Myron4 to moose53

to moose53

Re: ??BBC America On-Demand -- Where Is It??

BBC America On Demand is not available on FiOS, all 6 episodes (no extras) of the Torchwood series are available there until August 14th only. Anyhow they're not in HD so hopefully they'll repeat the series when providers actually carry the new BBC America HD. BBC America doesn't repeat series usually however.

I thought that A&E On Demand was also missing but instead of finding it under Entertainment I found it under Pop Culture.

I noticed NBC On Demand has more shows than ABC or CBS, but nothing under HDTV, too bad. There's actually quite a lot in On Demand on FiOS but not BBC America, yet.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to moose53

to moose53
The lack of VOD HD is the fault of the networks. They just don't understand that people would rather watch a show on a television, not a PC monitor at their desk. Verizon's Eric Rabe kind of alluded to this in his blog, when saying that VZ's policy is to get the networks to offer more VOD, rather than get a Hulu. I do kind of agree with him, because the video quality coming from Hulu would look horrible on a TV.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
868.6 888.4
Asus RT-N56U
Asus RT-N65

2 edits

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

The lack of VOD HD is the fault of the networks. They just don't understand that people would rather watch a show on a television, not a PC monitor at their desk. Verizon's Eric Rabe kind of alluded to this in his blog, when saying that VZ's policy is to get the networks to offer more VOD, rather than get a Hulu. I do kind of agree with him, because the video quality coming from Hulu would look horrible on a TV.
Actually it's pretty good. It is SD but it can look as good as SD from FIOS. And this is on a 67" DLP set. But I am also running everything through a external scaler before going to my TV.
how to connect ps3 controller without usb what channel is amc on verizon what is hd premium tier on uverse fox sports midwest live stream free hankook optimo 4s sizes how much is the sports package on comcast comcast download and upload speeds rr login tampa bay does brita soften water engine overheating coolant leak speed test html5 centurylink compatible dsl modems winzip evaluation version free download difference between subaru legacy and outback how to turn off sprinkler system kicker l7 12 box specs fx channel on fios 2000 silverado fuel pump replacement how does a shower diverter work westell a90 7500 bridge mode how much is digital starter comcast red top battery autozone what causes hub bearings to go bad login to att router water leaking base of toilet how to remove silicone sealant wd40 furniture steam cleaner rental home depot verizon fios amc hd channel flat vs matte paint verizon comedy central channel how much does it cost to replace an evaporator coil