astrabal service logo
All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
reasons for failing a drug test wiper blade rubber replacement blood elf female names disable firewall on router makita batteries 18v lithium ion repair lowes dryer vent cleaner echo pb500h backpack blower sump pump outside drainage outlet not working but breaker fine suntrust online cash manager audi ignition coil recall celebrity jeopardy john travolta cost to replace rear brake pads drip edge installation after shingles att uverse check voicemail verizon fios range extender how to find my e zpass account number ideal humidity level in basement how to upgrade from ie8 to ie10 hotwire communications customer service stg 1 2 thermostat what channel is nfl redzone on fios editar boot windows 7 watch verizon fios on mac low profile tires sizes does directv have metv what channel is nba tv on charter time warner cable default router password maytag neptune washer dryer combo wireless modem router walmart rain bird esp 8si autozone battery warranty lookup fedex smartpost delivery hours

DisturbedDan
join:2005-10-19
Oak Lawn, IL

1 recommendation

DisturbedDan

Error S0a00

Anyone know that this error is? I traded in my older box today and got the new DCX3400 250gb. Brought it home hooked everything up and I'm getting this error on every single channel. The guide shows up, so I can see what's currently on the channel.

When I talked to them on the phone, they couldn't tell me squat and now a tech is coming out tomorrow morning.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
·Time Warner Cable

motorola870

SNR issue I have this problem right now as well with all of the encore channels here where I live with TWC in texas that motorola boxes.

here 603MHz is having major issues as well as others with a fair signal I was told the lines underground in my area are in bad shape.

basically you have a major outage.

DisturbedDan
Oak Lawn, IL

DisturbedDan

Yeah I checked SNR before and basically it was just showing nothing beside it. Aside from flashing something for a second then going away.

So in the span of about an hour after getting my new box. It all goes to the crapper. Since my old box was working. Great.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

We had this problem on the DVR all day. Other 3 boxes were fine. The phone rep had me pull the power while he sent a signal. That fixed it for us.

DisturbedDan
Oak Lawn, IL

DisturbedDan

Turns out box was bad. Installed new box and it's working pretty flawless right now....

**crosses fingers**
havenw
join:2009-01-26
Melrose, FL

havenw to DisturbedDan

to DisturbedDan
I'm getting this error with only one of my boxes.

At the moment all channels are down.

It's been having problems for a few weeks now. Earlier on it was some random HD channels once in a while were totally down while others just had artifacting.

I mean it's a newish HD-DVR box....did I just get a bad one?

Digiscribe
@comcast.net

Digiscribe to DisturbedDan

Anon

to DisturbedDan
Comcast Baltimore subscriber with a Comcast-issued Motorola digital box. Received same error code S0a00 1 day after cable install. Went through same instructions as above with Comcast tech. Waited 1 hr for error message to be resolved and still no success. Replaced motorola box with an older digital box issued from Comcast (went to Comcast's site location) and upon hooking up the older box, digital cable worked fine (with the exception of some pixilated channels). Upon calling Comcast to cancel service call scheduled to address problem, Comcast broadcasted a phone message stating that major service outtage occured in the area possibly affecting service. Not sure if it was due to the major outage or due to the Motorola box (of note, channels worked when I attached coaxial cable directly to the TV so not certain if issue was really related to any outtage). Hope this sheds some light/patterns on the error code - seems it happens more frequently then expected.
jjv124
join:2009-11-21
Hanover, PA

jjv124

That error is a signal issue of some sort. It can range from bad connections on the coax or loose coax to a failure on the box or outage on comcast's part. Truthfully if you see this message I'd double check all my connections make sure everything is tight and any unnecessary splitters are bypassed. Make sure you aren't running coax into a surge protector or anything and if the issue is still occuring give comcast a call and they should be able to help you troubleshoot further.
beavercable
Premium Member
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

beavercable

Premium Member

Its not a signal issue error code its cause the box is having an issue with the a28 guide. It needs either a initialization signal to it or it needs to be replaced.
MorphiusFayd
join:2006-07-19
Lubbock, TX

MorphiusFayd to DisturbedDan

to DisturbedDan
S0A00 is part of the updated A.28 Guide software; all it means is exactly the same thing as the "One moment please, this channel should be available shortly".

As for you having a tech come out; all support can do is HIT your box and ask you to power cycle. If that does not work, then a tech must be dispatched.

FYI: I do phone support for Comcast TV servs, so I have to tell this to customer and fellow agents all day. There is even a doc on this specific issue in our internal support system.

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy to DisturbedDan

to DisturbedDan
A basic trap at the tap can also cause this error.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
74.5 22.6
·ProLog

cypherstream to MorphiusFayd

MVM

to MorphiusFayd
Yeah "One Moment Please" was so generic and lots of complaints about it, so they built in an error code system into a28.

Really, if the signal's so bad now, what makes you think "the channel should be available shortly"? Is it magically going to get better? When you think about it, that old pre A28 error message was very misleading. A user may think "OK, the channel will be on any second now", and waste lots of time waiting for nothing.

There may be other S0A## codes too, but I don't have a book of them.

Seems like there are a bad batch of DCX boxes out there. Glad the OP got it fixed.
jjv124
join:2009-11-21
Hanover, PA

jjv124

This actually still gives that message on some places too, you see "one moment please this channel should be available shortly" reference code S0a00

It's quite the faux statement
KROD1498
join:2010-05-31
Colorado Springs, CO

KROD1498 to MorphiusFayd

to MorphiusFayd
DO U HAVE THAT DOCUMENT CAN U UPLOAD IT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A COPY OF IT ALSO IS THIS ONLY ON THE DCX MODELS

slimshady
@comcast.net

slimshady

Anon

Please don't shout. It will wake Donny Most up. Thank you.
billsteinso
join:2010-08-19
Beverly Hills, CA

billsteinso to DisturbedDan

to DisturbedDan
if your still having problems, check out this site, »s0a00.com/

it helped me alot
iccupp
join:2010-10-21
Goshen, IN

iccupp to DisturbedDan

to DisturbedDan
MINE WAS WORKING FINE RECD ALL CHANNELS BUT THE 45 MUSIC CHANNELS I WAS TO REC. WITH THE DIGITAL CABLE STARTER PLAN, WHILE CHATTING ONLINE WITH COMCAST THE SALES PERSON TOLD ME I DID NOT GET THOSE WITH THIS PLAN AND TRIED TO UPGRADE ME TO THE PREFERRED PLAN SO I HAD TO COPY AND PASTE THE DIGITAL CABLE STARTER PLAN SERVICES FROM THE COMCAST WEBSITE AND PASTE INTO OUR CHAT SO HE DID NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENT PACKAGES HE WAS SELLING, THEN CHATTED WITH TECH MUSIC CHANNELS SAY SUBSCRIBER SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND FOR ORDER INFO PRESS INFO KEY SO I DID AND THAT SCREEN JUST DISPLAYED THE DETAILS OF THE CHANNEL, TECH SD TO CHECK CONNECTIONS DID ALL THAT, THEN LAST BUT NOT LEAST SHE SD UNPLUG THE UNIT, AND NOW I GOT THE REF CODE S0a00 and no channels read in the back of the useless manual that if box loses power 14 days worth of data to recover because of all channels. I wish I would have just went along with getting half the service comcast sd i would get now i go no channels.

BSD24
Tier 4
Premium Member
join:2008-04-30
Middleboro, MA

BSD24 to DisturbedDan

Premium Member

to DisturbedDan
S0a00 never used to say that, its actually previously and still known as an OMP error (aka One Moment Please) which means the box cannot get a good signal lock on the specific channel you are trying to watch. Same thing happens to all channels if you simply unplug the cable-in line that runs from the wall to the box. Box isn't receiving an adequate signal from the cable outlet/line so it displays OMP. Only recently they added a confusing code, S0a00, but its all the same.

gchris2203
join:2009-10-15
Lafayette, IN

gchris2203

The one moment please is very generic there are several possible reasons why you would get it. The box isn't activated, their is no signal going to the box, Their is poor signal quality going to the box...For whatever reason some converters that get handed out just do not work right sometimes and have to be swapped to get it working.

DaveInPhilly
@nationwide.com

DaveInPhilly to DisturbedDan

Anon

to DisturbedDan
I just subscribed to Comcast a week or so ago. They initially installed one of the old Motorola HD DVRs that would only service one TV. It worked fine for the week or so that I had it. Yesterday morning a tech installed a new Any Room DVR (DCX3400m I think). Now I get an error message on all SD channels that says I need to activate the box (but I do get the SD content behind that message). At first I got no HD channels. I called tech support and the tech sent a signal to the box and after that I got absolutely nothing. Later that night (several hours) it came back up - I still got the message telling me that I needed to activate my box on the SD channels, but now I get some HD channels (locals + QVC). If I try any other HD channel I get the s0a00 error.

My question is: is it more likely that this is a problem with the signal coming in to the box, or a problem with the box itself?

gchris2203
join:2009-10-15
Lafayette, IN

gchris2203

Guessing a problem with the box itself...sounds like your talking about the gray pairing screen thats semi transparent...generally that comes up if the cable card inside the converter is not paired correctly or some codes are not correct on the account. Might wanna give customer service a call and see what they say.
othmuse
join:2010-10-11
Nashville, TN

othmuse to BSD24

to BSD24
I just started getting this error this morning on every channel, but my internet is working fine. I checked the Comcast Network Health page and found this next to Video Services:
Warning Alert Start Time: Nov 7 2010 2:19AM EST
We are currently investigating a potential issue affecting certain features or services available to Comcast customers in your area. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

If this started on 11/7 why is just affecting me on 11/16?

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr to DisturbedDan

Anon

to DisturbedDan
This error code occurs when there is an signal issue that does not always mean you have bad signal. The issue may be the box is looking for the channels at the wrong location in the spectrum because it was never initialized to the correct head end. The code is a general code stating it cannot get data from the frequency is it looking at.

First step is to call in and get it initialized. If this does not take after 20 minutes, get a replacement, if second box does not lock in after initialize, get a tech visit.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
183.1 24.2

mustang50 to othmuse

Premium Member

to othmuse
Click for full size
said by othmuse:

I just started getting this error this morning on every channel, but my internet is working fine. I checked the Comcast Network Health page and found this next to Video Services:
Warning Alert Start Time: Nov 7 2010 2:19AM EST
We are currently investigating a potential issue affecting certain features or services available to Comcast customers in your area. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

If this started on 11/7 why is just affecting me on 11/16?
I get the same message here too. Nothing wrong that I can see though.
It does say potential issue....
Maybe it's like the weather forecasters..they always cover themselves with a 10% chance of rain...
milanocable
join:2010-11-12
Antioch, TN

milanocable to DaveInPhilly

to DaveInPhilly
Is comcast in your area switching to digital or something, i think its the channel map rates are wrong in the box.
reasons for failing a drug test wiper blade rubber replacement blood elf female names disable firewall on router makita batteries 18v lithium ion repair lowes dryer vent cleaner echo pb500h backpack blower sump pump outside drainage outlet not working but breaker fine suntrust online cash manager audi ignition coil recall celebrity jeopardy john travolta cost to replace rear brake pads drip edge installation after shingles att uverse check voicemail verizon fios range extender how to find my e zpass account number ideal humidity level in basement how to upgrade from ie8 to ie10 hotwire communications customer service stg 1 2 thermostat what channel is nfl redzone on fios editar boot windows 7 watch verizon fios on mac low profile tires sizes does directv have metv what channel is nba tv on charter time warner cable default router password maytag neptune washer dryer combo wireless modem router walmart rain bird esp 8si autozone battery warranty lookup fedex smartpost delivery hours