astrabal service logo
All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
stores that sell laptop chargers what channel is showtime on comcast brooklyn navy yard tow pound is clearwire still in business cast iron closet flange should i pawn or sell apc backup es 500 verizon dsl modem router trane ac fan motor verizon fios bridge mode comcast reference code s0a00 convert 240v to 120v outlet time warner cable digital adapter activation comcast static ip address cost mortise lock thumb turn twc existing customer promotions abscessed tooth with crown verizon high speed internet phone number ti 83 not turning on www nyc rr com webmail nfl network bright house channel xfinity connect email login will phenergan show in a drug test is techron good for your car us passport card lost star wars guild names furnace fires then shuts off attic ladder hinge repair carrier coil replacement cost candelabra base led light bulb 60 watt economy plus internet comcast average cost of replacing an alternator airport express setup windows 7

Batavian
join:2003-10-27
Batavia, NY

1 recommendation

Batavian

Has Time Warner killed the network status page?

All I get is "Page unavailable". Has Time Warner removed this? It was really a useful feature. Now unfortunately I have to call and get a hold of some clueless "tech" in the Philippines.

hawk82
join:2001-04-26
centralmaine

1 recommendation

hawk82

»Road Runner Network Status Page Still down..

Batavian
join:2003-10-27
Batavia, NY

1 recommendation

Batavian

Thank you. Apparently it is gone forever.

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
Yes they have and noone from tw ever answered me emails about why or what not regarding it. Nowdays I call l3 anytime I think there maybe mainteance etc which is annoying and often they dont even know themselves.

Case in point I call one day and they tell me there is major maintance on the node that day.

Tech comes few days later and checks logs on his laptop shows to me there was no mainteance on record at all.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"Yes they have and no one from tw ever answered me emails about why or what not regarding it. Nowadays I call l3 anytime I think there maybe maintenance etc which is annoying and often they dont even know themselves."

Here is an attempt to answer your question. There are major changes going on in the company. Responsibilities have changed, reporting chains are different and the way outages and changes are ticketed and tracked has changed. Any of these could have broken the network status page.

In my mind the page was very confusing, unless you had inside knowledge node and Hub annotations meant little to anyone. It was used by a VERY small percentage of the customer base.

I have no doubt at some time it will return in a much better format, as a care manager I would welcome that, I am not sure how though you get people to use it.

When customers internet goes out how do they get to it?

Hob
dude34221
join:2002-06-13
Athens, OH

dude34221

to add on to hobgoblin's post: twc is in the process of merging with at least one isp at the moment. Insight, +700k subscribers.

Personally I was affected as my insight speedtest website was 404'ing randomly. I posted in direct forum, they got to the bottom of it, and let me know it was due to the consolidation.

I suggest the OP goes the same route, and see what direct can come up with.

kilrathi
Premium Member
Rockaway Park, NY

1 recommendation

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
Network Status page was usefull to me for 2 reasons. It displayed planned work and there number of nights when I knew I will lose internet or things may be going on and I was prepared.

Second, there was number of times when I experienced problems I would check status page and on degraded service etc there was issues near me like in rockaway or far rockaway at same time and I had peace of mind knowing that I dont have to call and open a ticket etc... unless that status was cleared on the page and I still had problems.

I hope you are right and that the page may return sometime in future but I have a feeling its gone forever.

Less information as to whats going on is always worse as far as customer is concerned at least in my view.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
240.0 23.2

Mele20 to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Gee. A trip to help.rr.com just now was a time machine trip back to around 2001 when I first got Road Runner. Boolean searches, RR Medic (really??), clickable links to RR modems like TOSHIBA AND 3COM and the links lead to Toshiba laptop website and HP Networking.....it's a pretty strange place to end up at. I'd hate to be a new TWC internet user lost in that totally outdated site!

So, the fact a boolean search there can't find the network status page is rather irrelevant. (I had to use Google to find what I should have found with an internal help.rr.com search).

What I am wondering is can you tell us if/when the site will be updated and made relevant again or is the site slated to be taken down? It should be updated soon or taken down as the way it is now is embarrassing for TWC.

hawk82
join:2001-04-26
centralmaine

1 recommendation

hawk82 to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

Smartphone via data plan? TXT or call someone who has internet to check page for them?

kilrathi
Premium Member
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
Please remember that the page had scheduled downtime, in fact in 2012 there was about 80 entires of scheduled mainteance listing location etc...
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI
240.0 23.2

Mele20 to hawk82

Premium Member

to hawk82
said by hawk82:

said by hobgoblin:

Smartphone via data plan? TXT or call someone who has internet to check page for them?

I don't have a cell phone much less a so called smart one...don't like being spied on constantly. Since almost everyone has Oceanic TWC here what would calling a friend accomplish?

I would just call Oceanic TWC as any area outage (planned or unexpected) would be given to me as part of the preliminaries before I would reach a human. If the lines were busy then I would call NHD directly and ask them.

kilrathi
Premium Member
Rockaway Park, NY

1 recommendation

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
It wasnt just outtages that were listed there but degraded service and other mainteance, sometimes your internet would work but there were problems with packet loss or speed or modem rebooting and this page usually would give you a clue.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US
·Time Warner Cable

antdude to hobgoblin

Premium Member

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

...When customers internet goes out how do they get to it?Hob

Dial-up, wireless, etc.
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Did you forget that TWC got rid of RR dialup years ago? You actually think folks pay for dialup in addition to broadband and you believe most everyone has a line line or has a cell phone with internet access?

kilrathi
Premium Member
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
Not sure why we even discussing about getting online to check something quick when rr goes out..... nowdays most people with cellphones can do that in their sleep.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by kilrathi:

Not sure why we even discussing about getting online to check something quick when rr goes out..... nowdays most people with cellphones can do that in their sleep.

Agreed but no one did with the old page for reasons I already stated.

Hob

kilrathi
Premium Member
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
Noone? I guess I dont qualify.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Keeping the page up for you probably would not be a good business decision!

Hob

Elyria
join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH

Elyria to Mele20

to Mele20

I don't have a cell phone much less a so called smart one...don't like being spied on constantly.

Since it appears your paranoia symptoms returned, have you considered medical help this time ?

This condition of yours was reported by you, when you first joined.

Wouldn't you like to get this Psycho Monkey off your back ?

dude34221
join:2002-06-13
Athens, OH

dude34221 to Batavian

to Batavian
Everyone please remember most discussions/threads/posts will result in multiple solutions/fixes/ideas. Can we please keep this forum civil and constructive?

To OP: TWC for a ~week now has an official forum, in addition to the Direct forum here. There is a thread regarding lack of outage/maintenance status page on the TWC official forum as we speak. »forums.timewarnercable.c ··· -message is thread located at Connectivity TWC official subforum at »forums.timewarnercable.c ··· ectivity

I highly encourage anyone who really cares to contract TWC Direct about this matter. Personally for me, TWC Direct helped expedite a docsis3.0 upgrade in my town due to congestion over the then docsis2.0 network ~2yr ago.

They also researched and found out info I requested about my favorite Columbus,Ohio insight speedtest that was taken down. (web2.0 test) It was because of the merging of the two companies, to consolidate and simplify the change ~2mo ago

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US
·Time Warner Cable

antdude to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Did you forget that TWC got rid of RR dialup years ago? You actually think folks pay for dialup in addition to broadband and you believe most everyone has a line line or has a cell phone with internet access?

I use EarthLink dial-up.

kilrathi
Premium Member
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to Batavian

Premium Member

to Batavian
Yes it is a good decision for company to hide more information from customer. For the company it is a good business decision no doubt.
stores that sell laptop chargers what channel is showtime on comcast brooklyn navy yard tow pound is clearwire still in business cast iron closet flange should i pawn or sell apc backup es 500 verizon dsl modem router trane ac fan motor verizon fios bridge mode comcast reference code s0a00 convert 240v to 120v outlet time warner cable digital adapter activation comcast static ip address cost mortise lock thumb turn twc existing customer promotions abscessed tooth with crown verizon high speed internet phone number ti 83 not turning on www nyc rr com webmail nfl network bright house channel xfinity connect email login will phenergan show in a drug test is techron good for your car us passport card lost star wars guild names furnace fires then shuts off attic ladder hinge repair carrier coil replacement cost candelabra base led light bulb 60 watt economy plus internet comcast average cost of replacing an alternator airport express setup windows 7