astrabal service logo
All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
can i use tivo with comcast shower smells like sewer gas motorola interactive digital communications cable box reset log into ubee modem folding attic ladder hinges voip phone adapter for google voice direct tv vs uverse propylene glycol in antifreeze impact wrench cfm requirements third party verizon dealers ceiling fan stopped turning ethanol in canadian gas lien satisfied title holder release does time warner cable have espn3 time warner cable box says alt charter reference code s0600 2002 nissan altima throttle body time warner referral code how soon to mow new sod water based or oil based polyurethane comcast home static ip comcast blast actual speed what causes corrosion on battery terminals resto shaman mastery cap mini in the box scam 2002 ford explorer transmission fluid capacity twc internet installation fee comcast internet service reviews cincinnati bell fioptics coverage comcast performance internet speeds time warner cable box says l 8 sprout channel on time warner cable showtime on demand fios what does lien reported mean download jwplayer video firefox

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

[HVAC] Ashley Stove (Martin Industry) parts.

Anybody else have an Ashley wood burning stove? I'm finding it hard to find parts any more. The local stove company went out of business. They were getting bad about carrying parts any way. So I turned to the trusty old internet - only to find parts "crazy expensive".
I know a lot of this stuff has been discontinued for some time. I'm wondering if anybody has a good local shop that may not have an online presence, but is willing to ship?

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Carnegie, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

Hummm...

you lookin for grates/etc?

I have an Energy King wood boiler (indoor), and needed grates+firebrick a few years back.. Looked em up on the webs, and found they sell parts direct. They werent the cheapest, but they are OEM, and the original grates lasted since 83, I`ll get good wear on em. (havent had the stove since 83, its second hand)

Its tough, cus any extra $ spent on a wood stove could instead go to the NG bill, (ive had the same issues), but ya gotta be safe if you're gonna burn. Shop around, but dont cut yerself short..

good luck

-j

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

I was looking for a new blower, but it's discontinued. I ordered a motor, I'm going to try and rebuild the assembly.
This stove was new in '77. It's a C60-D. It's had new grates and handles several times (from the local guys). I hate to see it retire. A nice wood stove isn't exactly cheap.
This one isn't pretty; it's very utilitarian. It gets the job done.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
Carnegie, PA

tp0d to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
Whats the size/hp of the blower? Got a pic? I have a few almost new blowers from water heaters that I have scavenged over the years, I save em for situations like this.. Might have one to fit the bill.. typical ranges are from 60cfm to 400cfm

edit-- humm.. looked up the stove.. thats an oldie.. couldnt tell scale from the pics i saw of the blower, but doesnt look too big.

you havin bearing issues with the motor? Ive had real good luck with a hypo needle, injecting ATF fluid into the bearings, it restores em like new. Saved quite a few motors this way

-j

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Republic Wireless
·FirstLight Fiber
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to nunya

MVM

to nunya
I did a quick search, no kidding about expensive.
»servicesales.com/ash ··· -18.html

To tp0d See Profile post I've never used ATF fluid but I bought a couple of little bottles of "turbine oil" several years ago and it did a fantastic job on our bathroom fans. I have no idea what if anything makes it special or if it is just marketing but for a couple of bucks don't care.

»globalindustrial.com ··· odSnoAuw

/tom
nma851
Premium Member
join:2013-10-13
USA

nma851 to nunya

Premium Member

to nunya
said by nunya:

Anybody else have an Ashley wood burning stove?

Just as a request for nostalgia sake, would you post a picture of it? I can remember back in the day getting up w/my grandfather (about 25 years back), revive the wood-burner, and then hear my grandmother "griping" (we all know it was more than "griping" LOLOL) if we actually used the heat :). One thing with those 100+ year old things - they sure gave off ALOT of heat although it wasted alot too! Those were the days...

If you don't have the time, no biggy. Thanks though if you are able to . Take care
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald to nunya

to nunya
Try Lehman's in Kidron, Ohio. They can furnish parts for some incredible things, like wood stoves for cooking, wringer washers, etc.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya to tp0d

MVM

to tp0d
Click for full size
I ordered a replacement motor off of the numbers from this motor. The place I ordered from told me they actually do not have it (In stock, ready to ship? ). They say they have a replacement that will probably fit. I think it is 1/30 HP. 115V. I'm waiting to hear back on their return policy before I order. It's $60 for the motor, but if there is a lot of BS involved, I'll pay somebody $100 instead.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
Carnegie, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

I have a fan that may work, but the motor would be a bit bigger, and the fan housing would be approx 2x the size. if you could make that work its yers for shipping costs. i'll be in the shop later, i'll get a pic

-j
tp0d

1 recommendation

tp0d

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
heres the fan. doesnt have a hp rating on the sticker, but its not a large blower, and it can be restricted by blocking the outlet, and checking for amp draw. i put my keys in the pic for scale. it has a 3" outlet, sized for 3" pvc

oh, and its new, never installed
tp0d

2 edits

tp0d to nma851

Premium Member

to nma851
said by nma851:

said by nunya:

Anybody else have an Ashley wood burning stove?

Just as a request for nostalgia sake, would you post a picture of it? I can remember back in the day getting up w/my grandfather (about 25 years back), revive the wood-burner, and then hear my grandmother "griping" (we all know it was more than "griping" LOLOL) if we actually used the heat :). One thing with those 100+ year old things - they sure gave off ALOT of heat although it wasted alot too! Those were the days...

If you don't have the time, no biggy. Thanks though if you are able to . Take care

heres a similar heater to his.. someone 15mi away is sellin one for 125$

»pittsburgh.craigslist.or ··· 622.html

-j

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

That looks exactly like it. Except it's not so beat up.

anonymous2u
@centurytel.net

anonymous2u to nunya

Anon

to nunya
Try this link & ask for help.

Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)
»hearth.com/talk/foru ··· 1993.19/

And this is a good link as well.

»grainger.com/
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

1 edit

iknow_t to nunya

to nunya
this might work. »surpluscenter.com/El ··· OTOR.axd on second thought, the original motor is probably a very high temperature motor, it's going to be very close to the stove, so it has to withstand the heat. the one I linked to is not designed for that.
nma851
Premium Member
join:2013-10-13
USA

nma851 to tp0d

Premium Member

to tp0d
said by tp0d:

heres a similar heater to his

Thanks tp0d . I appreciate the time to post that

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

Got the new motor installed last weekend. It works like a charm. I had to do a little adjusting and zero drilling. $60.00
can i use tivo with comcast shower smells like sewer gas motorola interactive digital communications cable box reset log into ubee modem folding attic ladder hinges voip phone adapter for google voice direct tv vs uverse propylene glycol in antifreeze impact wrench cfm requirements third party verizon dealers ceiling fan stopped turning ethanol in canadian gas lien satisfied title holder release does time warner cable have espn3 time warner cable box says alt charter reference code s0600 2002 nissan altima throttle body time warner referral code how soon to mow new sod water based or oil based polyurethane comcast home static ip comcast blast actual speed what causes corrosion on battery terminals resto shaman mastery cap mini in the box scam 2002 ford explorer transmission fluid capacity twc internet installation fee comcast internet service reviews cincinnati bell fioptics coverage comcast performance internet speeds time warner cable box says l 8 sprout channel on time warner cable showtime on demand fios what does lien reported mean download jwplayer video firefox