astrabal service logo
Search similar:

uniqs
how to cancel cox internet cheap laptops with wifi fox news channel on uverse california vehicle code window tint hd preferred plus xf verizon fios 2 year contract cancellation fee nbc sports network on verizon fios file a complaint against comcast time warner cable member login brighthouse weather channel tampa bellsouth email password reset how to set aprilaire humidifier buses from syracuse to ithaca comcast channel guide nj verizon fios quantum review verizon bundle with directv water leaking under toilet honeywell thermostat frozen screen charter internet security suite review verizon bundle packages with cell phone abc on demand brighthouse time warner cable speed upgrade metro pcs hotspot unlimited login to my verizon router generator propane conversion kit verizon fios triple play timers for water heaters cable tv east alabama sprint wireless internet hotspot comedy central verizon fios channel how to remove wood paneling

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA
·Bright House Net..

4 edits

13 recommendations

gigahurtz

Premium Member

New Bundles -- New Price/Fee Increases for 2016!

I was visiting the BHN website today to pay my bill and noticed some new bundles listed with Lightning 50. I started to explore around at some pricing:

Standard TV + Standard Internet + Phone = $89/mo
Premier TV + Lightning 50 = $104/mo (was $99/mo)
Premier TV with 1 DVR Service, Lightning 50 and Phone = $122/mo (was $117/mo if I recall correctly)
Premier TV with eDVR, Lightning 50 and Phone = $127/mo
Standard TV + Standard Internet = $79/mo

Let's not forget the below the line fees:
Standard/DVR/HD Box - $8.00/mo per box (doesn't include DVR service -- either you pay extra for that or it's included in bundle)
Digital Adapter (in CFL) - $2.00/mo
Digital Guide Fee - $1.05/mo
Broadcast TV Fee - $4.00/mo (was $2.00/mo)
Regional Sports Network Fee - $2.50/mo (was $2.00/mo)
Brighthouse Modem Rental - $4.00/mo
Brighthouse Wireless Networking (ECHO) - $6.00/mo (on top of $4.00 modem rental fee) and a $49.95 installation fee on top of Lightning installation fee
Additional ECHO Wireless Access Point - $2.99/mo per AP
Lightning Installation Charge - $50 (one time fee)

Internet packages have increased as well:
Standard Internet (25/3) $57/mo
Lightning 50 (50/5) $77/mo
Lightning 100 (100/10) $92/mo
Lightning 200 (200/15) $107/mo
Lightning 300 (300/20) $202/mo

Despite being told in November that the 25 Mbps tier would be a new tier, it seems as though that has replaced the previous 15/1 tier (with a price increase).

Thanks for being a loyal Brighthouse customer!
elca_bond
join:2011-07-23
Orlando, FL

11 recommendations

elca_bond

Also the prices for internet increased, Standard internet is now $57, Lighting 35 (now 50) is $77 and so on for the rest of the speeds. I knew it when they announced the speed increase that it would also come with an increase in price. They cant contain their greed, they keep over charging people, it's in their blood!!!

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA
·Bright House Net..

4 recommendations

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by elca_bond:

Also the prices for internet increased, Standard internet is now $57, Lighting 35 (now 50) is $77 and so on for the rest of the speeds. I knew it when they announced the speed increase that it would also come with an increase in price. They cant contain their greed, they keep over charging people, it's in their blood!!!

I actually missed that at first glance. That is extremely disappointing to see.

It seems most TV + Internet bundles have gone up approximately $3-5 dollars in base price + $2.50 in RSN/BTV fees.
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

3 recommendations

jcarerra

"Broadcast TV" fee also increased.
(3rd try to get this to post!)
jeremyludwig
join:2016-01-20

5 recommendations

jeremyludwig to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
A terrible price increase. So much for that "free" speed upgrade.

Feel free to respond in kind by leaving a note in the Charter / Time Warner / BHN docket with the FTC: »apps.fcc.gov/edocs_publi ··· 10A1.pdf

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA
·Bright House Net..

3 recommendations

gigahurtz to jcarerra

Premium Member

to jcarerra
said by jcarerra:

"Broadcast TV" fee also increased.
(3rd try to get this to post!)

I mentioned that along with the RSN fee increase though only $0.50.

Disappointing to say the least.
Betolami
join:2015-10-07
Bakersfield, CA

1 recommendation

Betolami to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
Well that sucks. Worst where I live the only other choice is AT&T and ...well it might as well be nothing.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA
·Bright House Net..

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by Betolami:

Well that sucks. Worst where I live the only other choice is AT&T and ...well it might as well be nothing.

I'm exploring DSL Extreme who resells Uverse. No data caps. Might be an option for you as well

astyanax9
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
124.2 125.0
·AT&T U-Verse

2 recommendations

astyanax9 to gigahurtz

Premium Member

to gigahurtz
So does this mean all of us that got the speed increase actually secretly got put into a "promotion" that's going to inevitably "expire" in probably a year or less from December when we got it?
Betolami
Bakersfield, CA
Asus RT-AC68

Betolami to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

said by Betolami:

I'm exploring DSL Extreme who resells Uverse. No data caps. Might be an option for you as well

Yea but they still using AT&T's network which is only offers me 45 mbit(coming from 200) and VDSL has horrible latency.
Betolami

4 recommendations

Betolami to astyanax9

to astyanax9
said by astyanax9:

So does this mean all of us that got the speed increase actually secretly got put into a "promotion" that's going to inevitably "expire" in probably a year or less from December when we got it?

Sure seems that way. We're going backwards again like we're still in 2008.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

1 recommendation

gigahurtz to astyanax9

Premium Member

to astyanax9
It seems those who are in bundle promotions should be okay until they're re-bundled but Internet only customers might see increase next month. I guess I'll find out soon enough. This isn't good news regardless.
gigahurtz

gigahurtz to Betolami

Premium Member

to Betolami
Understandable. Definitely limitations with the service. Unfortunately we have no other options. I'm in the same boat.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
·Bright House Net..

wbrightfl to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
If rates do indeed increase again I will take a second look at the new AT&T Gigapower service now available in my neighborhood. $110 month internet only 1 GB service, then Antenna for locals using my TIVOs, Netflix and Roku w/Showtime. I end up saving $40+ month by leaving BH in this scenario.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA
·Bright House Net..

2 recommendations

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by wbrightfl:

If rates do indeed increase again I will take a second look at the new AT&T Gigapower service now available in my neighborhood. $110 month internet only 1 GB service, then Antenna for locals using my TIVOs, Netflix and Roku w/Showtime. I end up saving $40+ month by leaving BH in this scenario.

Any reason not to give it a try? Once Gigapower is available to me I would give it a try. I like BHN service but the pricing is outrageous.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Orlando, FL
·Bright House Net..

wbrightfl

said by gigahurtz:

said by wbrightfl:

Any reason not to give it a try? Once Gigapower is available to me I would give it a try. I like BHN service but the pricing is outrageous.

The Pro is incredible internet speed at a fair price.
The Cons are a 1 year contract required with AT&T. Advertised speeds not guaranteed in the fine print of the contract. Terrible customer service according to the thousand of reviews posted by upset customers.

So it's a gamble which I would be locked into for a year, good or bad. I will wait and see what BH does with these increases then decide.
Betolami
Bakersfield, CA

Betolami

Also you're limited for using their modem. May be different for you but I had many problem with their modem and using my own router.
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL
·Bright House Net..

6 recommendations

jcarerra to astyanax9

to astyanax9
said by astyanax9:

So does this mean all of us that got the speed increase actually secretly got put into a "promotion"

No. It means that instead of being asked if you want to move to a higher priced tier, you were moved into a higher priced tier without being asked.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

Exactly.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16
·Charter
·Bright House Net..

paradigmfl to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
Yep. Confirmed.

»brighthouse.com/shop/int ··· net.html
quote:
$57 per month
Plus taxes, equipment, fees and surcharges.
Order Now

Features

Download speeds up to 25 Mbps
Upload speeds up to 3 Mbps
Up to 10 email accounts
Up to 2 GB of email storage

Actually..... I kind of like this. Not the price increase but this 25/3 tier. It's about perfect for my needs and far better than 15/1. I have 60/5 for now and probably will downgrade....but knowing BHN I almost expect them to say the 25/3 tier is for new customers only. I hope not because that would mean I would have to contact some government agencies and complain and that would be a lot of work.
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto

I am on the 15/1 plan (17.3/1.5) just rebooted my modem and speed remained the same. Is this in effect now or???
jeremyludwig
join:2016-01-20

jeremyludwig

My understanding from conversations with BHN:

1) You can keep the 15/1 tier as long as you want (at the same price.)

2) New customers can't get 15/1.

3) You can pay the $3/mo extra and upgrade to 25/3.
InternetJeff
I'm your huckleberry.
join:2001-09-25
·Bright House Net..

1 recommendation

InternetJeff to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
Yep. Greed seems to be the order of the day..

Thankfully, AT&T is burying fiber in my neighborhood right now. So by the time my promo runs out I'll be on Gigabit FTTH. And maybe OTA for TV. Will be paying less than I am now easily. No way BHN can compete with that on speed and price. No freakin' way.

All the BHN retention department will be able to say is "sorry to see you go". They're done.
the65gto
join:2000-08-31
Apopka, FL

the65gto to jeremyludwig

to jeremyludwig
said by jeremyludwig:

My understanding from conversations with BHN:

1) You can keep the 15/1 tier as long as you want (at the same price.)

2) New customers can't get 15/1.

3) You can pay the $3/mo extra and upgrade to 25/3.

Ok tx will find out in the am...
InternetJeff
I'm your huckleberry.
join:2001-09-25
·Bright House Net..

2 edits

InternetJeff to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
I'm going to make sure this is widely publicized at my HOA meeting next week, along with the prices for upcoming AT&T Gigabit service coming to our neighborhood next month. Over 300 households. Probably can't get everyone to switch, but if we can organize and get a significant number of people to threaten cancellation, what is BHN's recourse? Absolutely nothing. Now there is competition. They either cut us some serious promotions or loose customers. AT&T will be happy to sign us up. They've done the market research before deciding to spend money to fiber our neighborhood. Might even get some competing new customer "promos" from them.

This is going to be fun.
Let the games begin!

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz to the65gto

Premium Member

to the65gto
Those on 15/1 plans stay there and can choose to upgrade for $3 more per month to the 25/3 package. It isn't the same upgrade as other Lightning tiers
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
·AT&T U-Verse
·Bright House Net..

1 recommendation

rugby to InternetJeff

to InternetJeff
said by InternetJeff:

Yep. Greed seems to be the order of the day..

If you think BHN is bad, wait until you pay for ATT. They have run their company on lies for decades so be prepared for disappointment.

I'm just lucky, I can get BHN, Comcast, and ATT at my residence so annually I can just go with the cheapest service.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA
·Bright House Net..

1 recommendation

gigahurtz

Premium Member

I agree that AT&T is far from the 'good guy' in this equation but speaking purely on competition, a 1 Gbps connection for $110/mo (even if it's not a full 1 Gbps) is a far better deal than what Brighthouse is offering ($202/mo for 300 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up).

Gatorbait123
@internetaccess.com

1 recommendation

Gatorbait123 to gigahurtz

Anon

to gigahurtz
There's just no way to win. FCC comes out to say they dont want the company to charge for the cable box -it's an easy fix. BHN just raises the other prices to compensate.
dlewis23
join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL

dlewis23

said by gigahurtz:

Same for me, and I already know the community I live in is on the list for it.
said by Gatorbait123 :

There's just no way to win. FCC comes out to say they dont want the company to charge for the cable box -it's an easy fix. BHN just raises the other prices to compensate.

Then why not remove the TV service from BHN and go with something like Playstation Vue. Thats what I do and it saves me about $45 a month.
how to cancel cox internet cheap laptops with wifi fox news channel on uverse california vehicle code window tint hd preferred plus xf verizon fios 2 year contract cancellation fee nbc sports network on verizon fios file a complaint against comcast time warner cable member login brighthouse weather channel tampa bellsouth email password reset how to set aprilaire humidifier buses from syracuse to ithaca comcast channel guide nj verizon fios quantum review verizon bundle with directv water leaking under toilet honeywell thermostat frozen screen charter internet security suite review verizon bundle packages with cell phone abc on demand brighthouse time warner cable speed upgrade metro pcs hotspot unlimited login to my verizon router generator propane conversion kit verizon fios triple play timers for water heaters cable tv east alabama sprint wireless internet hotspot comedy central verizon fios channel how to remove wood paneling