astrabal service logo
All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
view:
normal
cd key of counter strike 1.3 is techron good for your car vital check birth certificate review how does terro ant killer work debit card charge dispute bars leak head gasket fix what channel is abc hd on comcast toshiba satellite c55-a battery not charging what channel is animal planet on fios metro pcs mobile hotspot reviews mikuni carb for briggs and stratton c clamp size for brake caliper comcast online assessment test cisco ios ftp server can chest freezers be kept in garage 2 stage cooling thermostat abc family fios channel number ez pass sticky strips verizon text message logs uverse free preview weekend verizon dsl tech support craftsman lt 1000 service manual bellsouth net email settings outlook the best modem for comcast hot water heater drip pan full ithaca to syracuse greyhound socal rr com login does wawa do cash back epoxy floor paint reviews costco michelin tires sale water heater element test call forwarding with magicjack

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

2 recommendations

telcodad

MVM

[CustSvc] Is the Customer Experience actually improving at Comcast?

What have your recent experiences with Comcast's customer service/support been like?

Comcast (Yes, That Comcast) Knows a Thing or Two About Customer Experience
By Candace Cui, CMSWire - October 4, 2017
»cmswire.com/customer ··· erience/
quote:
The following statement may surprise many: there's much to learn from Comcast’s customer experience team.

Comcast Leaves Customer Experience Blunders Behind

Members of the Comcast CX team were refreshingly blunt about their former reputation during the CX Day event yesterday held in the flashy new Comcast Studio Xfinity flagship store in Chicago.

“We definitely weren’t, and still aren’t, perfect,” said Graham Tutton, VP Customer Insights at the Philadelphia-headquartered Comcast. Tutton cited numerous examples of the company's less than stellar customer service record, including the dubious honor of topping MSN.com’s Customer Service Hall of Shame.

But times are changing.

Comcast is growing its CX team, tackling its customer happiness with the same force that it grew its operations and prowess. With a $300 million investment in the Chicago-based region alone, it can now boast the largest net promoter score (NPS) worldwide.

Cultural Change Drives Customer Efforts

It’s not, however, the score that matters for its NPS, it’s the system. David Smith, Comcast’s VP Customer Experience, emphasized cultural change across the company's 90,000 employees was at the heart of the company's many CX efforts. “It’s an emotional thing, energizing employees on the front line.”

From monthly employee surveys to ensuring the CEO speaks to customers directly each week, working with that 90,000 person team has boosted its NPS from region to region by an average of 20 points. Without internal advocacy, people go to work with the same goals and customer-facing strategies often go awry.

By reaching across the aisle, Tutton repeated many times, you can reinvest in what makes your work matter.

Comcast's Win-Win-Win

Tutton produced an interesting result of how incremental changes make big impacts. With the processes in place over the last two years of customer experience improvements, Comcast has saved an accumulated 347 years of waiting time for their customers in the Chicago-based region alone.

From an ROI perspective, that’s money saved. From a customer perspective, that’s more time for their daily lives. From an employee perspective, that’s a win.

Most importantly, the lesson learned from Comcast is that customer experience is never finished. This is not a project with a timeline for completion, only goals reached and setbacks along the way. Without a focus on creating cultural transformation, organizations are guaranteed to see more setbacks than successes. ...
hardly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-10
USA

1 recommendation

hardly

Premium Member

lol
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA
94.1 6.0
·Comcast XFINITY
·T-Mobile
Netgear C7100V

1 edit

1 recommendation

jm101 to telcodad

to telcodad
A little while back, I received a message from advanced repair after complaining about service issues. I am thinking it was because I posted on Direct. I called back and spoke with a rep who really seemed to know his stuff but also hinted that our modem could be the issue (after an outage and when it was also affecting TV as well). However, that is just Comcast being Comcast.

I liked it when we could call in to sales and speak with someone in Morgan Hill, CA (not too far from us). If I recall correctly, support was even in Livermore, CA (even closer to us).

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

1 recommendation

mustang50 to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
Don't ask me..

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

3 recommendations

telcodad

MVM

said by mustang50:

Don't ask me..

I guess you're talking about this recent experience of yours: »[Cust Svc] Wanted the sports package

However, while your initial experience was frustrating, ComcastTedH See Profile (Ted Hodgins, the Senior Director of Comcast Cable Customer Experience: »linkedin.com/in/tedhodgins ) has now been personally trying to resolve that for you.

I have personally never had that bad of an experience dealing with Comcast's CSRs by phone. The people staffing the »Comcast Direct forum lately have also been very helpful in resolving the few issues that I have had.

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI
182.8 21.9

2 recommendations

mustang50

Premium Member

Yeah, I was kind of kidding. All the CSRs were nice and tried their best. I just wish someone would have escalated to a higher tier tech.

If I didn't know about DSL Reports and the Direct Forum it probably would have ended with me not getting the sports pack.
Fingers crossed, I still don't have it as of now. One shouldn't need a Direct Forum to get things done.
ILikeTech
join:2015-03-09

4 recommendations

ILikeTech to telcodad

to telcodad
I am a relatively new customer with them but have had 0 issues at all. The few times I have needed to contact them I just do so through the chat online and I have received everything I needed.

The only time I had a hiccup was when I wanted to add TV service to my account, I scheduled the work online but when the day came to do the install, I hit them up on chat to verify that it was still scheduled since I had not heard anything from them and found that it was not scheduled at all, the rep got it all taken care of and I just picked up the equipment and did a self instal that day.

As far as the service goes, I have not had any issues with the TV or internet.
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

3 recommendations

bgoodbody to telcodad

to telcodad
Their 1st line response is clue less for a long time triple play user!
Gunny123
join:2016-04-03
Vineland, NJ
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7800

2 recommendations

Gunny123 to telcodad

to telcodad
Honestly, now that I've learned the fundamentals when it comes to service issues with internet. I rarely interact with any CSR unless I am adding an upgrade to my internet speed or removing and adding a new modem. Fortunately, I haven't played with a service upgrade or added a new modem in quite some time.
bman212121
join:2005-06-09

1 recommendation

bman212121 to mustang50

to mustang50
Or me...

»[CustSvc] Comcast loves their charges

That's definitely not the only Comcast issue I've had to deal with this year. I've also had the phone rep ignore why I called completely and try to side skirt a billing issue. I had to go to a store to figure out what was actually going on.

@Gunny123: Not having to talk to them generally provides the best experience you can ask for. As long as stuff is working I don't have any complaints, it's just when it's not working you always know some part of it is going to be miserable.

I can say that my experience could have gone much worse than it did, so maybe sucking less is an improvement. Value of their products continue to decline however.

mb
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
238.2 11.9

2 recommendations

mb to telcodad

to telcodad
Yes

The trick is getting to the people who can help. My recent experience investigating the availability of Gigabit Pro ended up getting two high level separate groups involved and the executive group made sure that I had the correct information that I needed.

FureverFurry
RIP
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
united state
·Comcast XFINITY
·Vonage
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

2 recommendations

FureverFurry to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
I will have to say I haven't seen any improvement: standard (script) response after saying I did "power-cycle" has been "oh, we need to send a tech" .... before I can even finish telling them the issue. ComcastDirect has been great but it's a pity the phone CSRs couldn't resolve things. I wish someone would tell me the secret to getting a Level II CSR. When I've asked, the CSR says (s)he is Level II. Ask for Level III and same CSR alleges they ARE Level III. Seriously ??

The bit that gripes me is their phone IVR. This "speak your request" rarely recognizes what I say and I DO enunciate. Saying "tech support" and the IVR says "do you want to pay your bill?" when you have a zero balance is bad. Why can't they bring back the Press-something rather than having to speak your request?

I am looking forward to an improvement. Comcast has great services so hoping the support WILL improve.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

3 recommendations

graysonf to telcodad

MVM

to telcodad
In my experience the telephone support is no better or no worse in my many years as a customer.

The in store experience is much improved. Gone are the days when wait times were measured in hours, and the agents were behind bulletproof glass.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by graysonf:

The in store experience is much improved. Gone are the days when .. the agents were behind bulletproof glass.

Yeah, that happened at my local Comcast service center too, along with the Wells Fargo bank branch in town when it transitioned from a Wachovia one several years ago.
JTH182
join:2008-01-10
Cary, IL

2 recommendations

JTH182 to telcodad

to telcodad
Well they couldn't get any worse, lol!

Seriously though, I do think they've gotten better. Especially since they opened a new store nearby.
betam4x
join:2002-10-12
Nashville, TN
943.3 42.8

5 recommendations

betam4x to telcodad

to telcodad
Yes, and no. There are plenty of good/bad apples that work for Comcast and I've dealt with them both. It took around a year (on and off) for me to get my issues resolved. The last tech dispatch that came out blamed inside wiring and left. The second time I requested a tech, he immediately knew what was going on: a rusted connector at the tap, a local system issue, and bad wiring in our neighborhood that is about to be replaced. Prior to that I had a bit of success at least diagnosing the issue in the Comcast Direct forum. IMO Comcast could generate a lot of good will if their tier 1 reps could quickly filter out the noise and give those of us with signal issues access to someone more competent. They should easily be able to do this by listening the customer's initial comments while pulling up modem logs. Many people that I know of left and went to AT&T Uverse because Comcast had 'slow speeds'. These slow speeds were likely due to noise/signal issues that the tier one folks did not take a look at. Instead these folks were directed to restart the modem, router, and then their computer would get blamed.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

An article today about how Comcast is working to improve their customer service:

How has Comcast improved customer service? It’s still a work in progress for largest cable TV provider
Cable company still garners low customer service ratings but calls the task of improving its reputation 'an evolution'

By Tamara Chuang, The Denver Post - November 5, 2017
»denverpost.com/2017/ ··· service/
srtdodge05
Premium Member
join:2011-10-16
Ypsilanti, MI

3 recommendations

srtdodge05 to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
I'd say yes they are improving. They still have a long way to go.

Paula
Premium Member
join:2000-10-12
Grand Rapids, MI

3 recommendations

Paula to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
Interesting thread. I'm actually prepping to go into battle with Comcast this very morning. My husband made a valiant attempt a few days ago, poor thing. He was told that his SS number is incorrect. They could do nothing until he produces his social security card. He's still in recovery.

So I have to say no, my Customer Experience has not improved. It's worse than ever. What is "Direct and where do I go to find it?

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
68.6 12.8
·Comcast XFINITY

3 recommendations

Chris 313

Premium Member

»Comcast Direct

Comcast Direct Forum there. Good luck. I've been dealing with Comcast CS for months with no permanent solution to my issues. I'd definitely agree with your sentiment about not having improved CS at all.

Paula
Premium Member
join:2000-10-12
Grand Rapids, MI

3 recommendations

Paula

Premium Member

Thanks. Wish me luck. If I'm not back in three days, send a posse.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA

2 recommendations

Chris 313

Premium Member

Good luck, dear. ^_^ Be sure to come back and tell how your experience went. Im glad when others come through with no problems.
Lucifer
join:2015-07-01
Tracy, CA

2 recommendations

Lucifer to telcodad

to telcodad
It's improved, for sure.

My terrible experiences have only been 50% of my total interactions this year, as opposed to nearly 100%.
Rune606257
join:2005-02-05
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

Rune606257 to telcodad

to telcodad
Well, you be the judge...
After 22 years of being with Comcast, I got an offer from ATT for uverse. I called Comcast to see if they could reduce the price a bit and maybe a speed increase which I was willing to pay for. They would not match anything unless I picked up a plan and they would take off the charges for the cable boxes [4]. However he wasn't allowed to do that since I owned my own modem. Yep, no deals since I owned the modem. Switched to uverse to try it out and cancelled service, thinking if it was bad, I could always go back to Comcast. Kept the comcast email and logged in everyday till a few days ago.

It appears someone hacked my account, and Comcast disabled the account, forcing a password change. Called and talk to level 1 who switched me to security. I need a code after proving who I was to reset the password. Umm... security could not give me a code since their system would not allow it since the account isn't active anymore. I could not even get a simple password change!

So, while the techs I dealth with were fair to excellent, the policies of the company got a long time subscriber to leave them and go to Uverse. They need to look how they do business and use a little common sense instead of following the script. I had the triple play with them forever, but will not be going back after this fiasco.

Tim

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
·Comcast XFINITY

3 recommendations

camper to mb

Premium Member

to mb
said by mb:

The trick is getting to the people who can help...

That's always been the trick.

The question is whether or not there are more of those folk.
axiomatic
join:2006-08-23
Tomball, TX
937.6 940.2
·Comcast XFINITY

1 recommendation

axiomatic to telcodad

to telcodad
I just got Gigpro Fiber to the home in Tomball TX and I can say that every time I had to talk with the program manager who organized the installation it went perfectly. However, the first time I needed support the E-Metro team was very confused as to why a residential customer account was calling them. I realize it is rare to have fiber in a residence, but I do, and it is for business. The big issue was "early attempted handoff to a different engineer." I always have to plead my case as they think I am a misrouted call. It's really annoying.
Kiwi
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
89.1 6.0
·Comcast Business

Kiwi to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
I have a business Comcast internet account for more than one reason, I do believe "Service" is dependent on location, mine unfortunately has a rather poor accounting for residential service; however the business side is worth paying for [Internet only]!

I absolutely abhor having to go into a local Comcast store, the "representatives" have little to no clue regards the product they purpose to support, if no knowledge was an active ingredient to hiring, then Comcast has been markedly successful. Because my Daughter moved back in I ended up sucking up a TV lose, lose? =Very High dollar residential TV, appalling network programing and substandard X1 end user visuals. *Sigh*

Daughter just moved out, so I took an X1 box back & asked for termination end for that cable, nobody had a clue what I was talking about, ok, fine....But what do these representatives know, about as much as can be fitted into a neuro thimble, if it's not scripted they have no interest in trying to figure it out, or even making an effort to FIND out.

I understand people are dumbing down each half decade, but they still want a pay check, in previous decades one needed to have a minor consideration regards initiative, these days basic concepts of problem solving appears to be something, somebody else is magically responsible for. Breathing seems to be enough for many people, that's if they can even get out of bed.
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Zoder to telcodad

to telcodad
I've had good experience if it's something that can be handled over the phone or by the tech that comes out. But if it requires transfering the work from one department to another, that's still a crap shoot. For example, a house tech putting in a request for a buried drop to be replaced. Had to go through corportate to get that resolved earlier this year.
gtb
join:2016-05-16
Sunnyvale, CA

gtb to camper

to camper
said by camper:

said by mb:

The trick is getting to the people who can help...

That's always been the trick.

While I have never had an interaction or issue that was not resolved professionally and in a timely manner, I sometimes do wish that simply on principal that Comcast would implement the Shibboleet protocol
cd key of counter strike 1.3 is techron good for your car vital check birth certificate review how does terro ant killer work debit card charge dispute bars leak head gasket fix what channel is abc hd on comcast toshiba satellite c55-a battery not charging what channel is animal planet on fios metro pcs mobile hotspot reviews mikuni carb for briggs and stratton c clamp size for brake caliper comcast online assessment test cisco ios ftp server can chest freezers be kept in garage 2 stage cooling thermostat abc family fios channel number ez pass sticky strips verizon text message logs uverse free preview weekend verizon dsl tech support craftsman lt 1000 service manual bellsouth net email settings outlook the best modem for comcast hot water heater drip pan full ithaca to syracuse greyhound socal rr com login does wawa do cash back epoxy floor paint reviews costco michelin tires sale water heater element test call forwarding with magicjack