astrabal service logo
Search similar:

uniqs
brighthouse tv and internet 29.95 comcast dns server not responding dell optiplex 755 light codes apc backup es 500 clear 4g mobile broadband in line dryer lint trap calculating total hours worked in excel what channel is espn in chicago how to fix leaking valve stem terro ant bait not working directv cancellation fee waived cartoon network directv channel number linksys wrt54g firmware upgrade google voice voip adapter verizon fios refer a friend how to connect at&t microcell how to tint a rear window costco cash card reload pending paypal payment ebay comcast sports package channel lineup how to pay uverse bill freightliner m2 fuel mileage time warner cable sprout underground yellow jacket nest removal dhl ship to po box e3 spark plug review fuse net imap settings cisco dpc3825 docsis default password mtv channel on verizon at&t u verse internet parental controls cheapest car insurance in ontario adsl speed test ipad why wont my samsung galaxy tab 2 charge network stumbler adapter not present cox internet business pricing

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24
31.6 11.1
·Mediacom
·Callcentric

UHF

MVM

Kidde Fire extinguisher recall

This recall involves two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: plastic handle fire extinguishers and push-button Pindicator fire extinguishers.

Plastic handle fire extinguishers: The recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015.

»cpsc.gov/Recalls/201 ··· arge-and
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave

Thanks, 2 replacements on the way.

TD

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
Thank you, OP. I'll have to check when I get home if mine is covered.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt to UHF

MVM

to UHF
Thanks, we have 4 Kidde extinguishers (3A 40BC) at home of different ages. One of which was on the recall list. Filled out the form.

/tom
ImpetusEra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19

ImpetusEra to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
Never buy a plastic handle extinguisher. Plastic outside guarantees plastic dip tube inside which becomes brittle and breaks off. Buy a real extinguisher that is serviceable. Zoro has good prices on Amerex. Here's a decent priced one with a good bracket, not the usual wall hanger nub.

»zoro.com/amerex-fire ··· 3655906/

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown

vaxvms to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
TY. My replacement will arrive in 15-20 business days.
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

1 edit

LittleBill

guess i have the record so far

6 are on the recall

EDIT make that 6

Chuck22
Premium Member
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT

Chuck22 to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
OP, thank you. Both of my home units were in the recall list. I followed ImpetusEra advice and ordered Amerex units as replacements.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to UHF

to UHF
I have two on recall.
dks01
join:2016-12-29
Owen Sound, ON

dks01 to UHF

to UHF
I have one, an E110, but it was manufactured in 2011 and is outside the recall. I get better quality (all metal handles- Badger (yes, a Kidde brand)) extinguishers and cheaper cost at my local alarm security company. They check them annually for free.

Midniteoyl
join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to UHF

to UHF
Yep.. Got 2 (x)110's on the list. Thanks!

Well Bonded
join:2015-10-17
Labelle, FL
·CenturyLink

Well Bonded to ImpetusEra

to ImpetusEra
said by ImpetusEra:

Zoro has good prices on Amerex. Here's a decent priced one with a good bracket, not the usual wall hanger nub.

I can second that, very good pricing on Amerax.

jrs8084
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC

jrs8084 to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
I looked at mine the other night. The model number was listed, but my date code has no relevance to the listed format.

Looking at my transx registers, I know I purchased it 8/09. But, the date code is "showing" 1991. I don't think Lowe's was selling 18 year old NOS.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl

Whats the last five of the date code?

They use the Julian Calendar.. ie: today is 30717

tschmidt
MVM
Milford, NH
6.7 0.9
·Republic Wireless
·FirstLight Fiber
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to jrs8084

MVM

to jrs8084

Kidde Date Code
said by jrs8084:

Looking at my transx registers

Are you sure you are reading the date code correctly? It is not the last 5 digits, it is digit 5-9 of a 10 digit code.

/tom

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
Thanks for the information.

The one I keep for the BBQ is one of the recalled units.

Midniteoyl
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to tschmidt

to tschmidt
Thats what I meant .. :P

oops..

jrs8084
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC

jrs8084 to tschmidt

Premium Member

to tschmidt
Thank you, that was my error.
PX Gershom
join:2017-01-15
Whitehouse Station, NJ
70.6 16.5

PX Gershom to ImpetusEra

to ImpetusEra
said by ImpetusEra:

Never buy a plastic handle extinguisher. Plastic outside guarantees plastic dip tube inside which becomes brittle and breaks off. Buy a real extinguisher that is serviceable. Zoro has good prices on Amerex. Here's a decent priced one with a good bracket, not the usual wall hanger nub.

On that page, one Amerex at 55.34, another one sells for 46.69, they seem to be the same capacity ??

Thanks for any advice.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by PX Gershom:

said by ImpetusEra:

On that page, one Amerex at 55.34, another one sells for 46.69, they seem to be the same capacity ??

Thanks for any advice.

$55 one has a vehicle mounting bracket w/band that holds it in place, $46 one has a hanging-type wall bracket.
ImpetusEra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19

ImpetusEra to PX Gershom

Premium Member

to PX Gershom

Vehicle bracket

Wall hanger fork

Wall hanger nub
They are both the same model extinguisher just packaged with different mounts. Also free shipping is on orders of $50 and over. Most places you'll pay shipping for an extinguisher and some will also charge a hazardous materials fee on top of that. The vehicle mount that comes with the 402T makes for a much more secure bracket than the wall bracket with the 402 which will either be a fork or a nub, probably a nub. If you're buying multiple extinguishers that brings you over $50 than maybe you'll want to spend a little less each and get a cheaper mount option. They also sell Badger and Buckeye brands which may be a few dollars less for a comparable model.
RickWakeman
join:2013-06-23
Springfield, MA

RickWakeman to UHF

to UHF
I had 3 on the list. 1 metal handled Kidde that was not. Kidde just got itself on the not to be trusted list.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to UHF

to UHF
Click for full size
I have six.

Is the ID# on the confirmation page unique, or a campaign reference ID? Mine ends in 92.

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Norwalk, CT

Tursiops_G

MVM

Seems unique.
Mine ends in 38.

tschmidt
MVM
Milford, NH
6.7 0.9
·Republic Wireless
·FirstLight Fiber
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to ArgMeMatey

MVM

to ArgMeMatey
said by ArgMeMatey:

Is the ID# on the confirmation page unique.

Boy you really hit the jackpot.

Mine ends in 33 so I assume they are unique. Kidde need to protect itself from folks entering in the same extinguisher multiple time to get free ones. Or am I being too cyncyal?

/tom

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

said by tschmidt:

Boy you really hit the jackpot.

Yeah, I have one silver First Alert that I bought because I misplaced the white Kidde M5G for the kitchen, which I found about two minutes after I installed the First Alert on the wall.

I also had a broken pushbutton one that was likely on the list, that I disposed of years ago, thinking it was worthless. My dad would have held onto it until death.

Thanks for the confirmations on the confirmation.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

jmorlan

MVM

My old 2001 model is covered. Replacement promised.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to UHF

to UHF
Anyone knows what happens when you get a new one? Do they want you to send the old one back?

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

Probably.

Please retain your existing fire extinguisher unit until your replacement has been received. Upon receipt of your new fire extinguisher you will find instructions on what to do with your affected fire extinguisher.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

chip89 to UHF

Premium Member

to UHF
Good thing I have an Ansul Sentry..........
brighthouse tv and internet 29.95 comcast dns server not responding dell optiplex 755 light codes apc backup es 500 clear 4g mobile broadband in line dryer lint trap calculating total hours worked in excel what channel is espn in chicago how to fix leaking valve stem terro ant bait not working directv cancellation fee waived cartoon network directv channel number linksys wrt54g firmware upgrade google voice voip adapter verizon fios refer a friend how to connect at&t microcell how to tint a rear window costco cash card reload pending paypal payment ebay comcast sports package channel lineup how to pay uverse bill freightliner m2 fuel mileage time warner cable sprout underground yellow jacket nest removal dhl ship to po box e3 spark plug review fuse net imap settings cisco dpc3825 docsis default password mtv channel on verizon at&t u verse internet parental controls cheapest car insurance in ontario adsl speed test ipad why wont my samsung galaxy tab 2 charge network stumbler adapter not present cox internet business pricing