astrabal service logo
Search similar:

uniqs
nasa tv verizon fios reasons smoke alarms go off does ups deliver on sundays craftsman weedwacker cordless trimmer change debit card pin chase time warner cable l 8 d link router admin password reset century link la crosse wi dishwasher water softening salt how to install a pella storm door is 12 mbps good 150 gallon propane tank for sale where is solitaire on windows 7 partition wizard 4.2 free subnetting the easy way nba league pass optimum netgear n600 model wndr3400v2 can you keep a freezer in an unheated garage how to turn off closed captioning on comcast att uverse broadband not working att yahoo mail login dryer outlet adapter 4 prong to 3 prong does comcast charge for modem direct tv customer service billing time warner cable reward m and t bank atm withdrawal limit new water heater pressure relief valve leaking confirm seats with the airline is direct tv wireless home depot jetted tub program directv remote to vizio tv finish dishwasher salt canada underground propane tank cost wheel cylinder leaking brake fluid generac 20 kw fuel consumption

besweeet
join:2014-06-06
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

TV App: Any chance all channels will be made available remotely?

XFINITY and other traditional cable TV providers have apps that let you watch all subscribed channels remotely. Yet, Spectrum only enabled a handful of them to be away from Spectrum Internet.

Does anyone think Spectrum - in our lifetime - will ever release other channels for remote viewing?
Dampier
Phillip M Dampier
join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

3 recommendations

Dampier

said by besweeet:

XFINITY and other traditional cable TV providers have apps that let you watch all subscribed channels remotely. Yet, Spectrum only enabled a handful of them to be away from Spectrum Internet.

Does anyone think Spectrum - in our lifetime - will ever release other channels for remote viewing?

As contracts are renewed, they negotiate for out of home viewing as well. Expect to see a gradual increase in these channels. However, Charter will not overpay for rights so there will always be a few gaps.

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

2 recommendations

besweeet

said by Dampier:

As contracts are renewed, they negotiate for out of home viewing as well. Expect to see a gradual increase in these channels. However, Charter will not overpay for rights so there will always be a few gaps.

Makes sense.

I think a move to something like DTVN / Sling / PSV is in my future.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

1 recommendation

JimE to besweeet

Premium Member

to besweeet
PSVue has restrictions as well

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

When I was on the trial of PS Vue, 95% (estimate) of the channels were available over cellular, which was actually shocking. I think some of the movie channels were the ones not available.
awponder
join:2016-02-08
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

awponder to besweeet

to besweeet
directvnow has all channels available to stream wherever.... minus monday night football on a phone... which is dumb..and some regional sports when you are away... but you can circumvent that when you use the regional sports affiliate app and use dtv now login
mdavej
join:2004-06-09
united state

mdavej

DTVN is pretty much your only option for remote streaming right now (except a slingbox or Tivo). All others are geo-locked. If you leave your billing zip city, PSVue won't work. You can stream DTVN anywhere in the US, everything but your locals. Outside the US, you'd have to use a VPN, but I've not confirmed that actually works.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US
·Time Warner Cable

antdude to besweeet

Premium Member

to besweeet
said by besweeet:

TWC did this too.
dtv757
join:2008-09-20
Bayside, NY

1 recommendation

dtv757 to awponder

to awponder
The reason MNF does not work (on a phone) is due to the Verizon wireless agreement .

NFL games on mobile can only be viewed via Verizon wireless customers via " NFL mobile" in the USA.

dtv757

dtv757 to besweeet

to besweeet
Usually a SlingBox is your best option to view all channels outside of home .

I didn't know Comcast allowed viewing outside of home .

I always thought only Phone and Sat companies allowed viewing outside of home.

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

I typically do rely on my Slingbox for remote playback, but am replacing cable boxes with Rokus as the Spectrum channel is a perfect replacement (minus DVR capabilities). If I could someone remotely control the Roku from my Slingbox, I'd totally do that (and use an HDMI splitter because of stupid HDCP), but it doesn't seem possible at this time.
mdavej
united state

mdavej

said by besweeet:

I typically do rely on my Slingbox for remote playback, but am replacing cable boxes with Rokus as the Spectrum channel is a perfect replacement (minus DVR capabilities). If I could someone remotely control the Roku from my Slingbox, I'd totally do that (and use an HDMI splitter because of stupid HDCP), but it doesn't seem possible at this time.

Why can't you control your Roku from your Slingbox? You can get a second Roku dedicated to the Slingbox cheaper than you could get a splitter and cables. My Express was only $25 and is faster than my old Roku 3.

If your Slingbox is missing the Roku code (03061), you can load it from the JP1 database using Remote Master, or ask someone in the JP1 forums to post a bin file for you. The only Roku that can't be controlled from a Slingbox is the Stick. All others still work with IR whether they came with an RF remote or not.

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

I'm indeed using the stick (the recently-released 3800X). I assumed the Express would be in the same situation, but I should be good if I got one of those?

I'd still need a splitter to handle HDCP duties with the Slingbox.
mdavej
united state

mdavej

Yes, the Express will work fine with Slingbox. But as I said, there is no need to disconnect your stick or get a splitter. Just connect the Express directly to your slingbox and continue using your stick with your TV. No need to have a display connected to the new Roku or slingbox at all.
srtdodge05
Premium Member
join:2011-10-16
Ypsilanti, MI

srtdodge05 to besweeet

Premium Member

to besweeet
Setup a vpn and you can access all the channels. Works great with xfinity and sony vue.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

tdumaine to dtv757

Premium Member

to dtv757
said by dtv757:

I didn't know Comcast allowed viewing outside of home .

Comcast does NOT allow it. if i turn off my wifi, all the channels say "in home".

Non issue for me as i have a vpn in my router, so turn on the vpn on my phone and it thinks im home. problem solved

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

besweeet to srtdodge05

to srtdodge05
The Android app will not work when using a VPN, unless you use modified APKs which are obsolete when there is a new app update. Not practical for long-term usage.
tdumaine
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

said by besweeet:

The Android app will not work when using a VPN, unless you use modified APKs which are obsolete when there is a new app update. Not practical for long-term usage.

incorrect. I use open vpn (from the play store) on android and the app works just fine on it (with or without vpn). open vpn has auto updated many times on the device

Lg k20 plus, 7.0 nougat
Techie01
join:2014-11-21
USA

Techie01 to besweeet

to besweeet
For right now, you're better off going through the 3rd party apps that the networks themselves release for out of home viewing.

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet to tdumaine

to tdumaine
said by tdumaine:

incorrect. I use open vpn (from the play store) on android and the app works just fine on it (with or without vpn). open vpn has auto updated many times on the device

Lg k20 plus, 7.0 nougat

Interesting. I'll give this another try.
besweeet

2 recommendations

besweeet to tdumaine

to tdumaine
As expected...

@tdumaine: Aside from using modified APKs for Spectrum, what's your secret?

srtdodge05
Premium Member
Ypsilanti, MI

1 recommendation

srtdodge05

Premium Member

Wow that sucks.

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

said by srtdodge05:

Wow that sucks.

Fortunately, modified APKs work perfectly with VPNs: »forum.xda-developers.com ··· ount=923

All is good now. Using OpenVPN straight from my router paired with the OpenVPN Connect Android app.
srtdodge05
Premium Member
Ypsilanti, MI

srtdodge05

Premium Member

That's good.
tdumaine
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

tdumaine to besweeet

Premium Member

to besweeet
said by besweeet:

As expected...

@tdumaine: Aside from using modified APKs for Spectrum, what's your secret?

No secret, but thats spectrum, i thought we had switched gears to comcast, so i guess some confusion there

Comcast does not vpn check in the app at this time

I'm on concrap, not speculum

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

said by tdumaine:

No secret, but thats spectrum, i thought we had switched gears to comcast, so i guess some confusion there

I'm on concrap, not speculum

Ah, gotcha.

In any case, I turned on a home-based VPN paired with a modified Spectrum APK. All channels - even the locals - are available via cellular now.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to besweeet

to besweeet
have you tried teh new watch.spectrum? they just redid it and every channel appears to be there, to be watched live

besweeet
San Antonio, TX

besweeet

said by eival:

have you tried teh new watch.spectrum? they just redid it and every channel appears to be there, to be watched live

I did. Every channel has appeared for me for quite a few months, but only a handful are available via cellular.
nasa tv verizon fios reasons smoke alarms go off does ups deliver on sundays craftsman weedwacker cordless trimmer change debit card pin chase time warner cable l 8 d link router admin password reset century link la crosse wi dishwasher water softening salt how to install a pella storm door is 12 mbps good 150 gallon propane tank for sale where is solitaire on windows 7 partition wizard 4.2 free subnetting the easy way nba league pass optimum netgear n600 model wndr3400v2 can you keep a freezer in an unheated garage how to turn off closed captioning on comcast att uverse broadband not working att yahoo mail login dryer outlet adapter 4 prong to 3 prong does comcast charge for modem direct tv customer service billing time warner cable reward m and t bank atm withdrawal limit new water heater pressure relief valve leaking confirm seats with the airline is direct tv wireless home depot jetted tub program directv remote to vizio tv finish dishwasher salt canada underground propane tank cost wheel cylinder leaking brake fluid generac 20 kw fuel consumption