astrabal service logo
All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
face swelling after tooth extraction propane tank for sale 500 gallon bbc america verizon fios how to set adt alarm system itunes untuk windows xp corrosion cleaner for electronics verizon fios dvr upgrade replace gfci with regular outlet www webmail triad rr com login verizon router password not working 720p vs 1080p 32 inch at&t u verse cancellation fee pinhole in copper pipe repair time warner cable this channel should be available shortly modems that work with teksavvy castrol gtx high mileage synthetic webmail wi rr com log in fedex express saver 3 day cnn en español comcast 2wire dsl filter for single line phones direct tv receivers hd no see ums in my bed non ethanol gas ontario mr coffee coffee maker problems time warner cable louisville ky channel lineup what channel is nbc time warner time warner wifi not working cable modem power levels 14.99 time warner internet bosch dishwasher soap not dissolving why is my netflix not working on my wii how to remove lichen from roof tiles verizon fios remote replacement what causes water pressure to drop in one faucet

tkim
join:2000-08-26
Florence, MA

tkim

Edwards or AMC Theaters in Ontario - which one?

New to the area - need people's opinions on which movie theater is better. Thanks!

- Tae

Nutty Hiker
Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Nutty Hiker

Premium Member

I've been to both -- not much difference between the two. That is, not that I noticed. Go and check them out

tkim
Florence, MA

tkim

said by Nutty Hiker:
I've been to both -- not much difference between the two. That is, not that I noticed. Go and check them out

Thanks for replying!

I haven't had a chance to check anything out with our infant son around. This will be the first movie we've seen since he was born last June - Lord of the Rings, no less. I am actually salivating just thinking about it.

Are the Big Screens that Edwards advertises better than the usual megaplex offerings?

Nutty Hiker
Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Nutty Hiker

Premium Member

said by tkim:
Are the Big Screens that Edwards advertises better than the usual megaplex offerings?
I think so, but that's just my opinion. I personally hate the louder/bigger movie theaters. I still prefer the small screening theaters.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
join:2002-05-31
AZ

nightdesigns to tkim

Premium Member

to tkim

Re: Edwards or AMC Theaters in Ontario - which one

AMC, Always AMC. Cheaper, offer student discounts, better up-keep, not run by a bankrupt family.

-ja

tephie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Victorville, CA

tephie to tkim

Premium Member

to tkim

Re: Edwards or AMC Theaters in Ontario - which one?

AMC seems nicer to me. More professional and tidy, less neon, and usually cleaner. Just my preference.

sholling
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA

sholling to Nutty Hiker

Premium Member

to Nutty Hiker
said by Nutty Hiker:
I personally hate the louder/bigger movie theaters.
If it's too loud you're too...

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
AZ

nightdesigns

Premium Member

I'm personally working on building a home theater. Getting tired of the people talking next to me, the kids who throw things at the screen, and the endless ringing of cell phones at the theater these days.

Sholnay
My Name Is In My Profile
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08
Dallas, TX

Sholnay to tkim

Premium Member

to tkim

Re: Edwards or AMC Theaters in Ontario - which one?

Im going to agree with the AMC supporters here. Ive grown up with amc though so I might be partial. AMC always does seem cleaner, friendlier, and just better.

Cant help people talking in a movie, its part of the experience, albeit very disruptive and annoying.

I'm curious if you have ever had a foreigner getting the movie translated to them through the whole show? that was annoying!

My sister also had a bad time with edwards, one time she was in one of the theaters in Irvine, and the owner Mr. Edwards or who ever owns it now, was actually there, and she said he was an old, grumpy, mean man, yelling at his employees and not treating the customers any better. AMC for me.

tkim
Florence, MA

tkim

Thanks for all the replies!

I went to see LOTR last night at the AMC 30. Being from the East, I noticed one thing immediately: you can pour your own butter topping. Neat.

One thing I miss back home - premium theaters:

»findarticles.com/cf_ ··· ml?term=

High-backed leather chairs, booze, no one under 21. Heaven.

Wonder if General Cinemas plans on exapnding west ...

tephie
Premium Member
Victorville, CA

tephie

Premium Member

I miss General Cinemas too. That's about the only thing from Ohio I miss. That and Bob Evans.

tkim
Florence, MA

tkim

said by tephie:
I miss General Cinemas too. That's about the only thing from Ohio I miss. That and Bob Evans.

Just found out that AMC bought out General. Either they increase the number of premium theaters, or shut them down completely. Hope they build more of them.

Sholnay
My Name Is In My Profile
Premium Member
Dallas, TX

Sholnay

Premium Member

WOW PREMIUM THEATERS? Ive never heard of such a thing, those sound AMAZING!!! I want I want!

I really wonder why those do not exist out here.. probably cause they make more money on general theaters. Oh well.

AMC is taking over the theater world I think =)

tephie
Premium Member
Victorville, CA

tephie

Premium Member

Overpriced popped corn with loads of butter for everyone! And don't forget the watered down soda!

Nachos and a drink for 8 bucks.. mumble mumble mumble

Bradley2
Bad Graphics Ghost
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
So Far Away

1 recommendation

Bradley2

Premium Member

said by tephie:
mumble mumble mumble
Damn, girl, you mumble a lot.

tephie
Premium Member
Victorville, CA

tephie

Premium Member

Not as much as a certain "Elephass" I know. :p

Sholnay
My Name Is In My Profile
Premium Member
Dallas, TX

Sholnay to tephie

Premium Member

to tephie
but AMC doesnt care if you take stuff in to their theaters!

Maybe that is just the burbank AMC, you can take a 50 lb bag of popcorn in if you want. Dont buy their overpriced crap.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
179.2 11.3
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

2 edits

RR Conductor

Premium Member

No worries, we used to "smuggle" candy into the theatre in our jackets (when the temp was cool enough to do it anyway) lol None of the theatres I went to growing up in West Covina are even in use anymore, the Wescove near the Fashion Plaza, The Eastland by Eastland Mall, the Covina in downtown Covina and the Fox on Azusa near Badillo are all closed or in use for something else (the Eastland is some church now and the Covina is some playhouse, the Wescove and Fox are just closed and boarded up). I saw so many good movies in those places, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ET, Back to the Future, good memories!

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Ravensdale, WA

toby to tkim

to tkim
The AMC in Ontario Mills is ok, much better than both of the Edwards I have been to there. They are both full of teenagers, but the Police presence at the AMC is much better.

The best one wihout out much hassle in the area is the AMC at downtown Disney, usually half empty, and much higher quality sound/picture and very clean, safe free parking too.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA

1 edit

RR Conductor

Premium Member

They need police at the movies? Free Parking, do they charge for it now? Geez, I guess movie theatres really are greedy!
Fishie
join:2003-01-14
Riverside, CA

Fishie to tkim

to tkim
I will have to disagree with everyone here. I only go to the Edwards. I started going there with a friend who is 6'4" tall. Edwards has more leg room.

When Ontario Mills opened up, I went to both the AMC 30 and Edwards 22. I would have to say that the Edwards is cleaner, less problems with people, and the seats are more comfortable. The AMC 30 is like watching a big screen T.V. In police needs to be at a movie theater then, there is definitely a problem. True, AMC doesn't seem to care about bringing in 'Outside Food and Drink' but that is what my girlfriends big purse is for!

I grew up in West Covina until I was in 7th grade. I remember the Fox and Wescove. I saw many movies at both places. Too bad they are boarded up.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA

djrobx to tkim

Premium Member

to tkim
quote:
I'm personally working on building a home theater. Getting tired of the people talking next to me, the kids who throw things at the screen, and the endless ringing of cell phones at the theater these days.
True that!

I enjoy movies much more at home than I do in the theater these days. I think my breaking point was when I went to see South Park: The Movie and there was a giant smudge/spot on the center of the projector's lense. It irritated me so much that I got up and complained. But of course they didn't do anything. What difference does it make if the screen is huge if the quality is crap?

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA
179.2 11.3
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor to Fishie

Premium Member

to Fishie
Yeah, I miss those theatres, many good memories! I found out why they closed, I guess the film type changed in the 90's sometime, and those theatres like the Wescove, Eastland, and Fox were judged too expensive to upgrade, so they closed the doors. Probably couldn't charge as much for things is more like it.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
AZ

nightdesigns

Premium Member

said by RR Conductor:
Yeah, I miss those theatres, many good memories! I found out why they closed, I guess the film type changed in the 90's sometime, and those theatres like the Wescove, Eastland, and Fox were judged too expensive to upgrade, so they closed the doors. Probably couldn't charge as much for things is more like it.

It was several factors. One of the big ones was during the 90's with the invention of surround sound. It's a rather expensive upgrade, and to become THX, Dolby, etc certified is extremely expensive.

Also, movie studios have deals with the theaters. That's why many of the smaller theaters don't have the big name films or just show small release/independents. Studios may not be allowed to own theaters anymore, but they sure do have a stake in them.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
Redwood Valley, CA

RR Conductor

Premium Member

Yep, the theatres are going to price themselves beyond what people will be willing to pay, they have already got to that point for many, and what they charge for food and drinks is outrageous.
face swelling after tooth extraction propane tank for sale 500 gallon bbc america verizon fios how to set adt alarm system itunes untuk windows xp corrosion cleaner for electronics verizon fios dvr upgrade replace gfci with regular outlet www webmail triad rr com login verizon router password not working 720p vs 1080p 32 inch at&t u verse cancellation fee pinhole in copper pipe repair time warner cable this channel should be available shortly modems that work with teksavvy castrol gtx high mileage synthetic webmail wi rr com log in fedex express saver 3 day cnn en español comcast 2wire dsl filter for single line phones direct tv receivers hd no see ums in my bed non ethanol gas ontario mr coffee coffee maker problems time warner cable louisville ky channel lineup what channel is nbc time warner time warner wifi not working cable modem power levels 14.99 time warner internet bosch dishwasher soap not dissolving why is my netflix not working on my wii how to remove lichen from roof tiles verizon fios remote replacement what causes water pressure to drop in one faucet